Friday, September 2, 2011

Little Kitchen Hands

Emily loves to help me in the kitchen, mostly with cooking. Hopefully, one day she'll be as keen to help with the cleaning! But until then, I have some help from Dettol! As a part of the Dettol - Misson for Health campaign I received a pack of great products to try out.




My favourites so far are the Healthy Touch No-Touch Hand Wash System and the new Moisturising Hand Sanitiser. I just love the aloe scent, and they don't leave my hands feeling dry. They have actually helped improve the problem I'm having with my hands being dry and splitting.

Emily and I tried our hand at one of the pizza recipes in the Healthy Habits recipe cards. I've never made my own pizza dough before, and it was so easy I don't know why we haven't done it before!

I decided that ham, cheese and pineapple pizzas would be perfect for lunch. I prepared the dough while Emily was off playing, as it takes a couple of hours before the fun part :) When it was ready for rolling out, I surprised Emily with a cute little chef's dress up set I'd picked up a few days earlier for a bargain!


Chef Emily ready to roll.
At some stage during rolling and topping, I found myself singing like Big Chris from Roary The Racing Car, " A pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza, pizza!"

I could only find it in French, but you get the idea hahaha

Emily keenly demonstrated her method for topping pizza, I'll call it the 'clump and dump'!


All ready to go in the oven!
Not exactly perfectly round, I probably wouldn't get a job in a pizzeria, but they were perfect for us!

Then it was time to clean up. Dettol Surface Cleanser wipes made it really easy. If only Dettol could do the washing up for me too. It's my least favourite chore!

"Are the pizzas ready yet Mum?"
Mmmm fresh out of the oven! The best pizza I've ever tasted.

My little upside down pizza eater!

A much healthier alternative to the pizza we usually buy, and we have the added satisfaction of having made them ourselves! Hubby loved them so much that he requested some meatlovers pizzas a few days later. I now have a nice little stash of bases safely tucked away in the freezer for a speedy pizza fix.

Bon App├ętit!

The Dettol Mission for Health website is full of useful ideas. 
From top tips to healthy homes, even educational booklets for new mums.




Disclaimer: I was given a complimentary pack of the Dettol products, all comments and opinions are my own.