Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter 2011

This Easter I took the girls to their Grandma and Grandpa's house. Hubby has been working away since the 14th and fortunately he was able to meet us there for the weekend. 

Here are some highlights:

Good Friday

This was only the second long trip since Emily started toilet training, so I put a nappy on her just in case. I was going to try and do the 2 1/2 hour trip in one go, only stopping if Jessica was hungry (I had fed her right before we left) or Emily asked to go to the toilet.

Source: Ozroads

We got almost all the way there and Emily said she needed to do a wee! I contemplated whether to just keep going and let her use the nappy, but thought I wouldn't like it if someone made me pee my pants when I asked to go to the toilet! So I stopped on a side road and got her out of the car. Then I realised I had no idea how to get her to squat without peeing all over her pants (a mistake hubby would make the next day!) So here I am trying to hold her up by her knees with her back leaning against my legs, praying she doesn't pee on ME! It was a great success, and something to boast to Grandma when we got there (a whole 7 km's later), Emily's first wee on the side of the road! Ha!

Easter Saturday

We all went to Wyangala Dam for a picnic. I can't believe how many people go there camping on this weekend! We managed to find a little area (after driving around for what felt like hours) and had a lovely bbq lunch. A relaxing time was had by all.




Easter Sunday

Sunday morning Emily woke at Stupid o'clock (5.30am!) and came into our room, not even spotting the Easter basket at the end of her bed! I convinced her to go back to sleep for an hour or so, and at 7am she came back again. I knew she'd found the basket because she had a ring of chocolate around her mouth! The basket was for the Easter egg hunt I had planned for her. I had put in it a couple of little eggs and a digital camera. Once I got up and got dressed I snuck outside and hid 12 plastic eggs filled with mini chocolate eggs around Grandmas garden (an excellent garden for an Easter egg hunt), leading up the steps to the verandah where there was a fantastic Easter hamper (which I won from Babybuds) waiting for her!

 "I found one!"





She wouldn't get dressed or even let me brush her hair before 
rushing out to find what the Easter Bunny hid for her!

Easter Monday/ANZAC Day

Home again, home again jigitty jig! Now time to unpack and do all the washing from the weekend. I hate this part of travelling!

Source: Ozroads

It was really great getting away from home for Easter, I was starting to feel like the walls were closing in on me. I never realised it would be so hard to look after the girls on my own. Kudos to the single parents out there! Hubby's family is just wonderful, his Mum is a great cook and kept us well fed! They love seeing the girls and didn't mind keeping Emily occupied while I got a sleep in. Got to love Grandmas!