Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh sleep, how do I love thee?

Hmmm, I haven't posted for a week. Maybe my life is boring after all! Either that or E is not being very amusing. Yeah, let's go with that!

I'm having issues with her waking during the night and coming into our bed. As you can imagine it's getting rather uncomfortable trying to share a bed with hubby (read - bed hog), an ever expanding belly and a restless toddler. Although I must say I'm rather proud of myself for being able to drag myself out of bed to put her back into her own.

As I'm typing this I'm thinking of the reasons I'm getting when she comes in at 4am. I can't find my dummy and my legs hurt seem to stand out, oh and, I need milk. So, the dummy has to go first of all, right? Legs hurting, could this be growing pains? I usually get her back into her bed and give them a rub, trying not to fall back asleep in the process. And the milk thing, well, I'm well aware of the whole tooth decay warnings about putting them to bed with a bottle, so she gets water. Usually a non spill drink bottle, then she drifts back off to sleep with minimal fuss, most of the time.

I should be thankful that she goes back to sleep so easily right? I just wish it were that easy for me! I usually end up laying there for another hour or so wide eyed! Then I feel like rubbish the next morning from the broken sleep. Hmm, note to self, make the most of what you're getting, because in about 9 weeks you'll be lucky to get any!!

Anybody else have any toddler sleep issues or tips?

1 comment:

muminsearch.com said...

I hear you... I end up sleeping in my daughter's bed most nights. I don't care where I sleep as long as I sleep. Found your blog on AMB.

Post a Comment